January 19, 2021
January 26th is National Plan Your Vacation Day!
Posted by: Michael Brown
Our Top 10 Travel Tips for 2021!
Some people are getting a jump on it already! This past week, we are seeing the reservations start to increase for spring break and summer. On one hand, it’s difficult to know what is going to be happening - but the best thing you can do is go ahead and make those plans just like you always would. However, 2020 has taught us to expect the unexpected! To that end, here are our 2021 Top 10 Travel Tips:
- Look at your destination - and your points between - in regards to Covid rules and restrictions. They can vary from state to state or even town to town. For example, much of New Mexico is restricted to take-out and limited outdoor patio dining.
- Be aware of state rules in regards to out-of-state travelers. Google “department of health” for the states you will be entering for the most up-to-date information.
- Bring plenty of travel snacks so you aren’t roaming the aisles of the gas station looking for your favorite trail mix!
- Bring extra masks and hand sanitizer!
- Call ahead - your favorite roadside restaurant may be temporarily closed. So, check with them in advance for their most up-to-date hours. Yelp/Google/Facebook could be wrong!
- Be prepared to be flexible in case destination conditions force a change.
- Check cancellation policies - if your plans change, you aren’t caught unaware of any penalties.
- Respect business owners’ rights - if they have a sign requiring masks, wear a mask! A single case of Covid in a small business has the potential to close that business for two weeks or more.
- Seek out small businesses en route and at your destination. Your patronage goes a lot farther with them than it does at a chain business. Share your experience with them on social media!
- Make certain your vehicle - no matter the age - has a good “roadside” kit. You might need a jump, or you could save someone else a lot of trouble! (Helpful hint: Include a pair of leather work gloves.)
We certainly hope to be a part of your road trip plans, so don’t hesitate to reach out! We look forward to seeing you soon! Safe travels!
-Michael & Brandy